Hello Optimist People!
We are back again with KaMIST! Every week on Thursday we’re going to give you an insight about marketing.
[Badminton’s Spotlight: Gift-Bombing Phenomenon]
The splendor of pride has showered all Indonesian citizens with joy, for the Indonesian women’s doubles badminton pair Greysia Polii / Apriyani Rahayu, who won a gold medal at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics (2/8/2021).
With this victory, Greysia Polii/Apriyani Rahayu was rumored to receive various bonuses and prizes apart from getting a gold medal. Not only from the government but also from multiple parties, including well-known brands in the country.
From the tempting offers of free food and beverages brands (within a certain period, even up to a lifetime) to beauty clinic treatments, they all seemed to be competing in ‘gift bombing’ as if they wanted to appear in the same spotlight with the two champions.
The brands’ offers include:
1. One branch of Baso Aci Akang from Arief Muhammad for each winner
2. Es Teh Indonesia outlet from Brisia Jodie
3. Free lifetime coffee at Filosofi Kopi
4. iPhone 12 Pro Max from Eka Cellular Group
5. Free meals for 2 years at Warung Makan Warpopski
6. Free lifetime meals at Burger Bangor
7. Free meals for a year at Boga Group
8. Free meals for 3 years at Lawless Burger Bar
9. Free lifetime boba drink at Boba Time Indonesia
10. Free lifetime treatment at Athena Beauty Clinic by Dr. Richard Lee
11. Free lifetime beauty products from ElsheSkin
12. Free lifetime dental care at RSGM Yarsi
13. And another series of bonuses, sponsors as well as special endorsement offers from other parties.
All in all, is this an expression of appreciation or just a perfect marketing tactic at the perfect time?
Source: Okezone.com, suara.com, pikiran-rakyat.com
Wanna get more insight on marketing? Tune in every Thursday for more KaMIST!
You can reach us at:
Facebook: MIST FEB UI
LinkedIn: MIST FEB UI